Jadeite Jade Vs Nephrite Jade
- Hardness: Nephrite jade hardness is 6-6.5 (Mohs hardness scale), Jadeite Jade hardness is on 6.5-7(Mohs hardness scale).
- Density: Nephrite has a density range of 2.9-3.03, whereas jadeite’s density ranges from 3.30-3.38.
- Appearance: Nephrite has lower luster and transparency than jadeite jade. (But it varies from piece to piece, luster varies, but jadeite generally is more transparent.)
- Uses: Nephrite is the most popular and commonly used jade, but Imperial jadeite jade is the most valuable.
- Composition: Nephrite is soft and durable, while jadeite is denser and harder, nephrite jade is soft jade, jadeite jade is hard jade. Read more
- Origin: Jade is mined in many locations around the world. But the highest quality jadeite comes from Burma. Burmese Jadeite has the best jadeite in this world. Nephrite is found in Russia, China, New Zealand, Canada, etc. The best nephrite jade is found in HeTian China. The Mutton fat jade sometimes is more expensive than imperial jade.
- Color: Nephrite jade has green jade and white jade. Ranges in color from a somewhat greasy-appearing, white ("mutton fat jade") to dark and light shades of green, gray, blue-green, lavender, yellow, orange, brown, reddish-brown, and black. Jadeite ‘s colors include green, white, lavender, yellow, blue, black, red, orange, and gray.
- Craftsmanship: It’s no secret that jade has been a material for crafts, wares, and construction for thousands of years. However, Burmese jadeite jade is the more optimal material for artisans, as it is denser and easier to work with. Plus, the finished product after polishing has a higher luster than traditional nephrite jade.
- Last: As you can see, jade is one of the oldest gemstones on Earth and has a fascinating history, profound symbolism, and many functions. And while we’ve explored the differences between Nephrite and Jadeite, they share a commonality in their ability to captivate the masses, tell an incredible story, and shine throughout time.
## Nephrite Green Jade Buddha Vs Top Quality Jadeite Jade Pendant
## Follow us on Instagram, facebook, youtube for more information.
Facebook group: The Jade Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theja...
You may also like
Grade A Jadeite
These are the untreated, natural jadeite that are believed to bring good luck to the person who possesses the gem. All Baikalla Jewelry jade are guaranteed to be 100% natural.Ok, back on topic. Treated jade can be broken down to three different grades. The Grade B, Grade C, and Grade D.